Ba Lao Shi Perfect English
Hong Kong's Professional English Instruction
Accent reduction can be a part of conversation fluency building or part of a speech coaching program.
This page of the Ba Lao Shi Perfect English website describes the types of English Conversation programs available and some of the conversational elements that can be taught, such as Idioms and phrasal verbs, and the inclusion of Pronunciation and Accent Reduction as part of Conversation instruction. It also stresses the importance of having qualified instruction to ensure correctness of use.
Want to get started improving your English speaking? Its easy!
If you want to form your own conversation group class for Robert's instruction, you can also post a notice on the Ba Lao Shi Facebook site. Be sure to mention the time and location where you want to have your Ba Lao Shi conversation group classes and what level of English you are (beginning, advanced, etc.) and if you have a focus in mind, i.e, pronunciation, listening, or a business specialty such as finance or engineering, or discussion topics, etc.
如果你想自組會話組跟巴老師學習，你也可以在巴老師Facebook網站通知。請注意， 請列明及提出巴老師會話組的時間和地點，什麼級別的英語如（初，高級等）， 或者一個主題或重點 例如發音，聽，或業務專長，如金融，工程，或者討論議題等等。
Available as part of Presentation and Speech Coaching (see Programs and Services: Presentation and Speech Coaching, Accent Reduction) or English Conversation , the Ba Lao Shi Perfect English Focused Accent Reduction Program includes use of recordings of the student's voice to create Personalized Accent Reduction Exercises to be done at home in between coaching sessions. Regular practice on targeted areas -- in conjunction with instructor-guided coaching sessions has been show to be most effective in reducing accents, both short and long term.
作為演示和演講教練或英語會話(見課程和服務，英語會話和發音)導師，巴老師專注英語口音糾正課程包括使用學生的聲音打造個性化的口音矯正練習。例如巴老師在課堂中會幫學生錄音， 進而矯正他們的口音 ，學生可以在課與課之間在家裏練習及矯正自己的口音。 這是針對性練習 - 加上在巴老師教練指導的課程引導下是最有效地 (無論短期和長期)減少口音的方法。
Ba lao Shi Focused Accent Reduction Program
Ba Lao Shi Perfect English offers English Conversation instruction that will improve your English speaking.
General accent reduction in adults that will be present in the person’s everyday speech requires an ongoing commitment. The person who wishes to reduce their accent must work on it every day and the must receive regular coaching for up to several years. This can be done as part of an overall English learning program or on its own as a specific goal.
Pronunciation and Accent Reduction in English Conversation
1.准备一个特定的目的，例如语音这一点，请参阅 課程和服务： 演示文稿和演讲教练，口音纠正。
2.一般口音糾正 使一個人在日常使用的語言方式有全面，永久的變化。兩者 的教法是完全不同的，結果也不同。
Accent reduction coaching has two different types:
1. Preparing for a specific purpose, such as a speech For this, please see Programs and Services: Presentation and Speech Coaching, Accent Reduction.
2. General accent reduction for an overall, permanent change in the way a person speaks a language in everyday use. Coaching techniques for the two are quite different, as are the results.
一些由英国学校和不合格教师教出來的信息是不正确的。一个更经常说的错误是，英语不是像中文的声调語言。事实上，英语是一个半音调语言，与声音的長短或語調會改变其意思。 例如 英語如果改变了语调和/或单词的长度會令一些ESL学生不理解其意思， 這是因为他或她可能没有意识到 不同情况下这个词有不同的含义。
Lesson pricing for English Conversation is described on the Programs and Services page as part of General Policies and Fees.
Forming your own group and then discussing the format of the guided conversations with Robert Badal would be the best plan. This could also be varied with some reading aloud, writing practice, grammar and usage instruction and other elements to create an enjoyable, ongoing program to improve conversation skills.
Conversation Lesson Formats and Fees
5. Coached discussions with a designated topic, such as a book or an author. These can include the elements of pronunciation and usage coaching in the context of the discussion of the subject.
English Is a Semi-Tonal Language
Some of the information in lessons given by English schools and unqualified teachers is not correct. One of the more often-stated errors is that English is not a Tonal Language like Chinese. Actually, English is a Semi-Tonal Language, that is, native speakers change the tone of words -- and the length of sounds -- to change meaning. One of the reasons why sometimes even competent ESL students do not understand native speakers is that the native speaker may use a word the ESL student thinks he or she understands but actually does not in the context of what was said because he or she may not realise the word has a different meaning because the native speaker has changed the tone and/or the length of the word.
The term "Guided Conversation" is often used to describe various teaching methods used to develop conversational fluency. It is a very broad term and can include:
1. A one-to-one or group conversation in which the teacher offers corrections after the student has spoken. These can be pronunciation or grammar or structure corrections.
2. More structured activities, such as giving the students a list of questions to ask another student or even having a written test--such as providing a list of events that must be put into sequence--which then will be used as a conversational topic.
更多結構化的活動，比如給學生 一系列的問題問其他學生，甚至有一個筆試 - 如提供事件列表，必須順序排列- 然後將作為一個對話主題。
3. Staged, role play situations, such as a "celebrity interview," in which two students play assigned parts, such as a journalist and a celebrity and perform an interview.
4. Business or industry related guided conversations that included specialized language or jargon and terms used in that business. This can be an important part of preparation for a speech or presentation in which the audience is permitted to ask questions or if there is a social event, such as a party or a business dinner after the speech or presentation.
Guided Conversation 指引對話
Programs and Services: English Conversation and Pronunciation